Wether you’re drinking water to cure a hangover, quench your thirst, or lose weight they’re all good excuses. We all know that drinking water is good for our health; and, unfortunately the recommended amount of water intake for the average person is at least 64 ounces! So, if drinking 64 ounces of water every day seems a little to daunting for you, here are 5 clever and easy strategies that you can try to incorporate into your day:
- Are you constantly on the move, driving from place to place? Well, a good tip is to open up a bottle of water and finish it before you arrive at your destination. A 16 ounce bottle of water will have you drinking your allotted water in 4 car trips.
- Drink an 8 ounce glass of water at the beginning and end of the day and beginning and end of every meal.
(wake up) + 8oz + 8oz + (eat breakfast) + 8oz + 8oz + (eat lunch) + 8oz + 8oz + (eat dinner) + 8oz + (go to bed) + 8oz = 64 ounces of water for the day!
- Use a large water bottle and add an hour marker on every 4.5 ounces of water. Between 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM, drink 4.5 ounces every hour. You’ll have easily finished your 64 ounces of water before the end of the day.
- Have a large glass of water with every transitional part of the day or before every meal. In the morning or before breakfast pound 22 ounces of water, in the afternoon or before lunch down another 22 ounces of water, and in the evening or before dinner finish it off with the last 20 ounces of water.
- Place a water bottle at a few different locations. On your night-stand, at your work desk, in your car, next to your couch. And by the end of the day be sure that each of those water bottles are finished. 4 locations of 16 ounce water bottles is an easy way to get your daily intake.
Starting your day off right is key to successfully drinking the recommended amount of water, so try and make it a habit to wake up and have a small glass of water. We hope these techniques help you achieve your water goals 🙂
If you have any other clever ways of making sure you drink all your water for the day, please feel free to drop a comment below.
The benefits of drinking water are so substantial to your health, so be sure to grab a cup… And drink up!